Since we were born, our girlfriends have always been there for us from break-ups to bad hair days. That is why with Valentine’s Day rushing at us like a ton of bricks, we are going to need our girls, and a ton of wine to get through this love fest. With that being said, forget about boys, grab your gals, and read Pretty Greek Boutique’s six-step survival guide to surviving Valentine’s Day.
STEP 1: Dress the Part!
- Dress better = Feel better! Nothing boasts your confidence more than a cute black dress and high heels. Plus who doesn’t love destroying the bathroom while getting ready for a night out?
STEP 2: Spa Day!
- Go out and pamper yourself! Having a spa day with your girls is a great way to relax and treat yourself. I mean facials, mani/pedis, and massages? SOLD!
STEP 3: Shopping, Shopping, And Shopping!!!
- Shop therapy is in fact a thing and is clinically proven to not only make you happy with a new wardrobe, but it can reduce your wallet by 40%! Ummmmm… now that I think of it you can use your best friends to help you with your spending habits too.
STEP 4: Doses and Mimosas!
- Nothing gets the party started like a few drinks! A girls night out is the perfect way to forget about your troubles and dance the night away!
STEP 5: FOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Duh.
- I don’t know any girl that would pass up food. Spend this day by stuffing your face with your besties! Everyone needs a cheat day.
STEP 6: Lazy Day!
- If all else fails, or if you’re just on a budget, cozying up in your Hello Kitty pajamas and having a movie date with your girls is perfect! Now you have someone to watch Mean Girls and The Notebook for the 50th time with!
Again, at the end of the day, who needs boys?! Like Candace Bushnell from Sex and the City said, “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” Change Valentine’s Day to Galentine’s Day! The 14th is for the girls! The 14th is also when Pretty Little Greek is having a Galentine’s Day mixer with drinks, treats, and giveaways. Hope to see you there, and as always, stay pretty!